Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros


Sometimes I feel like I'm running out of steam when it comes to ideas for making dinner, despite the fact that I've Pinned hundreds of recipes. What that frustration really means is that I haven't taken the time to review what I've pinned and planned dinners in advance.

But I'm getting better about that bit by bit, and trying new recipes in between our usual dinner stand-bys on those days I want to make dinner without thinking about it. This week I'm trying a couple of new recipes, including this one for Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros.

I had a meeting tonight so I needed a dinner that the Husband could put together after he got home. I doubled the recipe, dumped everything into the slow cooker, and let it do its thing. Before I left for my meeting, I shredded the chicken; cut up lettuce, cucumber, red onion, and tomato; and left out tzatziki sauce and pita bread.


When I got home, the kids had already polished off their share of the food and Husband was telling me I had to make this again, buy more pita bread, and maybe make a side dish (like rice pilaf). So, I guess it was a hit! There was a bit of chicken left over, so I plan to eat it on top of a salad for lunch in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment