Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Garlicky Pork Ribs and Collard Greens


As part of my intention to do more meal planning, I'm also attempting to take advantage of the weekly supermarket sales and to diversify the foods that we eat. Country-style pork ribs were on sale this week so the meal ended up being pretty economical considering the amount of food we ended up with. Yay!

Today I made Garlicky Pork Ribs with Greens, and I think this was the first time I cooked collard greens. Instead of buying them by the bunch, I purchased two one-pound bags of the prepped greens and that was really easy to use. The greens do wilt down considerably, but it still makes a lot of vegetables. Luckily, since the kids also like kale, they didn't have any qualms about eating the greens. 

[It turns out two pounds of collard greens takes up a lot of room in the roasting pan!]

This is a good dish to make when you have company because it's pretty easy to make, the ingredients aren't hard to come by, and it makes a lot of food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment