Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Cheddar Broccoli Quiche


Don't you hate it when members of your family don't like to eat the same things? And it's worse when you're trying to make meal planning easier for yourself by asking them to choose between two dishes and they can't agree. I learned long ago to avoid that frustration by just making stuff I want to eat. But, occasionally, I'll take requests (mostly from the Husband). 

For a fellow who doesn't like tomatoes, my husband is really fond of the tomato quiche I make. But, of course, the kids don't like it one bit ... and tomatoes aren't in season right now. So, when Husband requested quiche, I modified the Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Quiche I made awhile back: he's watching his cholesterol right now, so I omitted the bacon and chicken and added shredded carrots and more broccoli instead (nothing I can really do about the eggs and cheese since it is a Cheddar quiche!).

It came out really well, and I think we all liked it better than the original version. Maya, who insists she doesn't like broccoli, had seconds and requested that I put leftovers in her lunch (although, that didn't work out so well; cold quiche is no bueno).


No comments:

Post a Comment