Friday, February 7, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Cod en Papillote


We don't eat a lot of fish at home even though we all like fish. I think it's mostly because it stinks up the house. But in order to get away from a meat-heavy diet I need to incorporate more seafood into my meal planning. 

En Papillote is an easy way to cook fish and get a good serving of vegetables in. You can use tin foil, but I have on occasion accidentally punctured holes in the "envelope," so I prefer to use parchment paper for the papillote. 

I seasoned the cod with salt and pepper, placed a bunch of thinly sliced vegetables (onion, green onion, peppers, asparagus, enoki mushrooms, and cilantro) on the fish, and then drizzled soy sauce, sesame oil, and sake over it all.

It took 20 minutes or so to cook in the oven at 400 degrees, but it depends on the thickness of your fish.


The beauty of en papillote is that you can use almost any kind of fish and add almost any kind of vegetable with any kind of fat (olive oil, butter, sesame oil, etc.). And the prep work is really pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment