Monday, February 3, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Seafood Stew


Seafood Stew (I modified a recipe by Hugh Acheson)

As much as I love octopus, I didn't have the energy to deal with prepping it so I opted to omit it this time. And to continue with Cheater Mode, I went with frozen seafood and clams, mostly because I wasn't sure when I was going to make the dish.

The recipe also calls for veggies I'm not a huge fan of: fennel, celery, and butternut squash. So, instead, I used carrots, baby bell peppers, and a sweet potato I had lying around the kitchen. That's the beauty of stew; for the most part you can easily substitute the vegetables.


I also discovered that I like farro. It was my first time eating (and cooking) it, actually, and it reminded me of barley, which I love. It's nice to mix up the grains every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment