Sunday, May 24, 2015

What We Ate for Dinner :: Frankly ... Pizza!

Frankly ... Pizza! in Kensington
I've had Frankly ... Pizza! on my to-try list for awhile since seeing it mentioned online last year. But, frankly (ha! see what I did there?), I'm not a huge pizza fan. So it took a mention in this month's Washingtonian Magazine '100 Places to Eat Great Cheap' article to get us there.

Frankly ... Pizza! in Kensington

It was Sunday evening (around 6:45) of Memorial Day Weekend so it was kind of packed. I'm not sure how busy it normally is, but I imagine there's usually a wait because it's a small place. We waited outside for less than 20 minutes but had to wait another 20-25 minutes before our food came. But, again, it was busy and they bake each pizza in their wood-fired oven, which isn't that big. We sipped one of their yummy homemade sodas (Cherry Fizz | $3.50) while we waited.

Frankly ... Pizza! in Kensington Frankly ... Pizza! in Kensington

We dove right in when the pizzas arrived and they were pretty darn good. Our favorite was the Spinach White Pizza (mozzarella, fresh garlic, caramelized onions, spinach, Gruyere, lemon, Romano | $13), but the other pizzas we ordered were good too (Pepperoni | $13.50, Garlic with extra house-made sausage | $13, and Mushroom | $14).

Frankly ... Pizza! in Kensington

The staff was really friendly and the restaurant had a true neighborhood vibe to it, which I like. But I'm torn because we ended up spending close to $70 (with tax and tip) for a pizza dinner. And on our budget, that's a luxury. I'm afraid we won't be able to indulge too often at Frankly ... Pizza! but we certainly recommend it for those of you in the area.

Frankly ... Pizza!
10417 Armory Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895

No comments:

Post a Comment