Thursday, May 28, 2015

What I Ate for Lunch :: Saffron Indian Cuisine

WTWC CWB & TOA year-end lunch

The year-end lunch for my women's club cooking groups was at Saffron Indian Cuisine in Falls Church. We had the lunch buffet but I'm not sure how much it is because we paid a set price as a group (and the price isn't on the website).

There was a nice selection and I got super full just trying a bite or two of most of the dishes. I particularly liked the Karara Palak Chaat, which is batter-fried spinach with a mango chutney; the Mulligatawny soup made with yellow lentils; and the goat Kadai (the goat is tossed in a wok with onions, tomatoes, green peppers, and Garam Masala). Our group also ordered shrimp curry and Kulcha (cheese/paneer-stuffed naan), which aren't part of the buffet.

I thought it was all pretty good, but the flavor was probably enhanced the company and the fun I was having talking to my friends.

Saffron Indian Cuisine
1077 West Broad Street
Falls Church, Virginia 22046

No comments:

Post a Comment