Friday, May 29, 2015

What I Ate for Lunch :: Oakville Grill & Wine Bar

apple pie a la mode @ Oakville Grill

I forgot to take a picture of my burger, but it was hardly memorable so it doesn't matter. (The burger my husband concocted last week was far superior. And I asked for Cheddar cheese, not American -- I know the difference!) A lot of people at my table ordered salads and those looked pretty good, especially the shrimp and scallops ones. Oh yes, we also shared the Ahi Tuna Carpaccio appetizer, which was pretty decent.

The apple pie a la mode was better; it wasn't too sweet and had a nice caramelized flavor to it. But it's huge and I think the portion is too large (and expensive -- $8) for lunch. (I couldn't finish the last couple of bites, which is unusual for me.)

It's a perfectly serviceable restaurant but I'm too cheap to want to come back. I'd rather go to a more hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Wheaton, but that's a personal preference. I will say the service was good and our server was friendly and attentive.

Oakville  Grill & Wine Bar
10257 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814

No comments:

Post a Comment