Monday, June 23, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala


There are some weeks that I have too many ideas of what to make for dinner, and there are other weeks when I am just completely bone dry of ideas. This is one of those weeks. It took me an hour to come up with dinner ideas for two nights. Two nights.

I'm leaving town on Wednesday with the kids so I asked my husband what I needed to pick up for him at TJ's to stock the kitchen. One of the things he requested was the frozen Chicken Tikka Masala, which gave me the idea to make it for dinner, which means I didn't buy it for him like he asked. Oh well, it's for the good of the family!

Maya helped make the sauce for the Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala and she had fun measuring out the yogurt and mixing in the spices. She kept commenting on how good it smelled. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs because I'm not a fan of chicken breast. Other than that, I pretty much stuck to the ingredient list and didn't make any modifications. (I didn't add any cayenne because Maya doesn't like spicy, and it figures that she went next door to have dinner with her friend!)

I served it with rice and naan, and sautéed spinach.

1 comment:

  1. this looks ahmazing!! i can't wait to try it! thx for the idea yukari!

    ReplyDelete