Sunday, July 13, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Paella



One of my dearest friends in Los Angeles, S, and I often end up talking about food and restaurants, usually via text or Instagram. When I told her I was visiting LA for half of the summer, she really wanted to cook together. Since we were tag-teaming on the cooking, we decided on something a bit ambitious and chose paella. We based our version on this recipe from Chow.  It's really not that difficult of a dish to prepare. Expensive, yes. Complicated, not so much. Ours came out quite well, I think, and we were able to feed five adults and three kids.

The one thing I screwed up on was the sausage: I bought Portuguese Linguiça because I couldn't find Spanish chorizo, and it was much too spicy. For the kids, we rounded out the flavor by dolloping a lot of sour cream on theirs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment