Monday, June 9, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Pasta with Kale, Lemon, and Salmon


I love having "foodie" friends because they're always willing to share their food knowledge, whether it's about a restaurant, recipe, or cooking tip. I was recently texting with a friend in LA and we were going back and forth about quick and easy recipes. She shared this recipe for Pasta with Kale, Lemon, and Toasted Walnuts with me, and mentioned adding salmon to it. For me, the addition of salmon was perfect because no one in our family likes walnuts and I needed to sub in a good source of protein.

I cooked the kale first, like the recipes says, and then plated it. In the same pan, I cooked the salmon in butter and olive oil. Then I combined everything else in the pan, adjust the salt and pepper, and tossed in the pasta.

It was a quick and really delicious meal. My son especially likes kale so this was a great way to get him to eat more vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment