Thursday, November 7, 2013

What I Made for Dinner :: Flat Iron Steak with Red Wine Sauce



The presentation leaves a lot to be desired but we were hungry and it smelled so good we just dug right into the food!

I had one 2-pound piece of meat instead of two 1-pound pieces. It was also thicker on one end so I knew it was going to cook a bit unevenly. It definitely took longer than five minutes per side (I used a grill pan on my stove instead of a barbecue grill). In fact, I put it in a 375-degree oven for an extra 5-10 minutes. The thicker part of the meat was cooked perfectly to medium rare, and the thinner part was cooked to medium but it was still very tender and it wasn't dried out.

The recipe for the red wine sauce says to strain out the solid ingredients (onions, garlic, oregano) but I left it all in; Rupert and I both like cooked onions.

I served the meat with scalloped potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment