Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What I Made for Dinner :: Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast



This is Trisha Yearwood's Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast that I found via someone else's cooking blog. I served it with sauteed kale and Creamy Parmesan-Garlic Quinoa.

FYI, the website where I got the quinoa recipe seems to give my browser issues, so here are the directions in case you don't want to click through:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 1-3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Rinse quinoa really well under cold running water in a fine mesh sieve. Drain well and set aside.
  2. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until barely golden brown, stirring constantly. Add quinoa, then toast for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add broth, turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to medium-low. Cook until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese before serving.

I don't know why I was surprised but the pork was really quite tasty ... and easy! It did, however, make me realize yet again that I need to get a fat/grease separator. I know it's a unitasker, but it would make life so much easier when I'm making sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment