Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What I Made for Dinner :: Chicken Florentine Style


We eat a lot of chicken around here so I'm always looking for new chicken recipes to try. This one's a keeper :: Giada De Laurentiis's Chicken Florentine Style. It's not as labor- or time-intensive as the Chicken Florentine recipe I've made since college, and the sauce is good.


Although we eat a lot of chicken, I'm not usually a fan of chicken breast. It often cooks up too bland and dry for my tastes. But this recipe kept the chicken fairly moist and the sauce was flavorful. It might help to pound the breast a bit to even out the thickness, or cut the breasts in half horizontally if they're thick.

Bonus that you cook veggies with it, and the sauce helps the spinach be more palatable for those who aren't fans. The recipe calls for frozen spinach but I had fresh on hand, which worked just fine (I used two bags of the TJ's baby spinach).

No comments:

Post a Comment