Saturday, October 18, 2014

What I Made for Dinner :: Shepherd's (Cottage) Potato Pie


My son told me he was craving Shepherd's Pie the other day and, right on cue, I came across this Shepherd's Potato Pie that looked so pretty. As a reward for attending an all-day babysitting course without complaint, I made it for him tonight.


Did you know that if you make a Shepherd's Pie with any ground meat but lamb, it's called a Cottage Pie? So, technically, this is a Cottage Pie because I used ground beef. I upped the amount of corn in it because no one in our family likes peas.


It looks kinda fancy with the layered slices of potato, but I prefer the version with mashed potato on top. The sliced potato didn't cook up as softly as I like and still had a slight bite to it that I wasn't fond of. But the filling is really tasty so I'll definitely be keeping the recipe for future attempts at Shepherd's Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment