Saturday, March 28, 2015

What I Made for Dinner :: Sausage, Potato, and Spinach Soup


We're a few days from April and yet there are very few signs of spring. The weather gods teased us with a 73 degree day on Thursday, but by this morning, we were in the low-20s with the wind chill.

I could eat soup year-round, but a hearty soup is perfect for an evening like today's. I found a few new soup recipes from Damn Delicious, and I tried the Sausage, Potato, and Spinach Soup. My prep time is always longer than what the recipe says, so I clocked in at about 50 minutes, start to finish. But here's why: I peeled all of my potatoes, and because I used half a pound extra, I let the soup simmer for a few extra minutes. I love lots of onion in my soups, so I cut two instead of just one. And because of the extra vegetables, I used 8 cups of chicken stock.

Considering its ease and the relatively short time it requires to cook, it's flavorful and filling. I'm definitely adding it to my soup rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment